Repairing Your Credit After Filing
Discuss Your Case with Our Oklahoma City Bankruptcy Attorney
If you have recently
filed for bankruptcy or are wondering what to expect if you proceed with filing, your credit
score is likely at the forefront of your mind. Will it hit rock bottom?
Will you ever be able to restore it? Should you just give up on having
a good credit score? While it can be challenging to look beyond the initial
hit a credit score will take, bankruptcy is not designed to permanently
ruin your credit. There are many steps you can take to repair your credit
and restore the trust you once earned from creditors. However, there is
no secret formula that will allow a filer to restore their credit in a day.
It can be challenging, but patiently rebuilding your credit over time is
the surest process.
As a bankruptcy lawyer serving all of Oklahoma,
Attorney Hilton has walked countless consumers through the bankruptcy and credit repair
process, continually ensuring they not only have a successful filing,
but a successful future as well. Our firm can utilize our 20 years of
insight to help craft a credit repair plan that works for your financial
situation. Rest assured knowing that when you come to us, we are here
for you every step of the way.
Contact us today to request your free case evaluation.
What should you do to restore your credit?
After all the bankruptcy paperwork is said and done, you may still find
yourself facing financial challenges. The steps you take following
bankruptcy will impact your financial future for years to come, which is why it is
important to ensure that you take the right ones. Your first priority
should be rebuilding your credit and creating new financial habits.
These are some simple steps you can take to repair and protect your credit:
- Review your credit report for errors and fix them right away.
- Stay on top of all remaining accounts.
- Create a new, reasonable budget and be disciplined to stick to it.
- Set up automatic payments so that you don’t forget or miss any.
- Be wary of and avoid credit repair companies that claim to remove bankruptcy records.
- Get a secured credit card when possible and always make timely payments.
- Limit how much you use your credit card and keep your balances low.
- Don’t get overzealous with applying for new credit and making big
- Be patient with rebuilding credit and make sure you think through each step.
Remember, you won’t be able to repair your credit overnight, so remain
patient and faithful to following these financial tips. If you are concerned
about how bankruptcy will affect your credit or would like to get more
insight on restoration steps, Alexander Hilton & Associates is here
to help. We are more than ready to answer your questions and provide experienced counsel.
Take the first step towards repairing your credit by
reaching out to our Oklahoma City bankruptcy firm for proven guidance and support. We offer free initial consultations to
all potential clients!